Research and Professional
An annual spend of $1.5 trillion in global research results in more than 2.5 million research papers and almost 3 million patent applications every year. This voluminous amount of steady stream, cutting-edge information needs to be assessed, productized, mined, excerpted, analyzed, and distributed through highly sophisticated platforms to researchers worldwide.
SPi Global is the leading provider of services to the research community. We partner with the largest publishers and content aggregators in science, technology, and medical research. Our service offerings in research span across the content lifecycle, making it the most complete set of services in the industry. Our technology solutions and highly qualified SMEs drive advanced knowledge services for Smart Content products in the areas of chemistry, medicine, and engineering. Our specialists interact and assist key stakeholders like authors, reviewer, editors, and the consumers of research content.
We work with the leading publishers, prestigious societies, university presses, and open access publishers. Our Clients include Elsevier, Springer Nature, Wolters Kluwer, Wiley, BioMed Central AAAS, IEEE, ASHA, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, BMJ, etc.
- Provide content mining and classification for chemical and biomedical databases
- Provide metadata management and reference linking to the largest scientific reference database
- Perform web research and maintain a funding and awards database
- Maintain content structure, loading, QA, and troubleshooting for a leading medical database
- Manage author publication queries and end user access/login related queries
- Support 1,000+ authors every year with language editing before submission
- Support the peer review process of 1,500+ journals across leading industry platforms
- Handle Production Editor services for 5 clients and 1,300 journals
- Handle end-to-end service for one of the largest open-access publishers
- Handle full service for over 3 million pages of journals and MRWs every year
- Provide back office customer support (orders, returns, claims) for 10 clients